What is digital transformation?
“Digital transformation” is one of those terms that people bandy about so often you feel as though you should know what it means. At the same time, it’s used so broadly that it seems almost meaningless!
So, what is it really about?
In short, digital transformation is the process of transforming businesses utilising digital technology – replacing manual processes with digital processes or replacing older digital technology with newer digital technology.
Importance of digital transformation for your organization
Whether you are a small one-person business or a large enterprise, digital transformation is a “must-do”.
You could even argue that it is even more critical for small businesses because it will reduce the time, resources, and costs associated with labour-intensive manual work!
- Digitising your business processes enables the kind of tracking tools that will help you monitor and improve service delivery, overall customer satisfaction and customer loyalty.
- Implementing electronic signatures will simplify your documentation and approval processes in a secure and legally binding manner.
- Digital marketing allows you to reach a larger audience at a lower cost while collecting valuable data and analytics about your campaign and target market.
- An online store or makes it easier for customers to buy from you and has the added benefit of allowing youhttps://concludesa.atlassian.net/secure/BrowseProjects.jspa to track customer purchasing patterns.
Getting started: Common practices
In a post-COVID world, all organisations must adapt to how business has changed or risk falling their competitors who have embraced the “new normal”.
Digital transformation will be different for each organisation and the different challenges, demands and processes they face. However, some common practices provide a basic framework for how to approach digital transformation.
As a starting point, you will want to consider in which areas of your organisation digitisation can help you:
- Improve customer experience,
- Enhance operational agility,
- Empower and enable your team, and
- Integrate systems and processes.
To sum up, digital transformation uses technology to improve or replace processes, increase efficiency and enables organisations to keep up with trends in a fast-paced, ever-changing digital world.