About the Role
We are looking for an exceptional Senior Java/JEE Developers to build Java integration services and applications using an existing framework with an enthusiasm for solving interesting technical challenges in a business environment. Be involved in all aspects of development playing a critical role in design, planning, development, and deployment. The ideal candidate will not just be an outstanding Java developer but will bring a mindset of creativity, innovation and balanced leading-edge technology development with a relentless pursuit of timely product engineering delivery. The role requires ownership, logical thinking, estimation of your own work, coding, unit testing, troubleshooting and performance optimizations. The candidate will work in an Agile (SCRUM) environment and will be allocated and co-located to a small agile development team (squad) – Tribe and Chapter Model. The candidate will collaborate with team members to understand the problem & define, design, and ship new features through the development lifecycle. This includes brainstorming, contributing to new ideas, conceiving innovative strategies, and implementing solutions to difficult problems.
Must be able to work independently, effectively, and efficiently in a collaborative agile environment with scrum masters, solution engineers, designers, and developers.
What you will do:
- Strong technical/ software engineering background (‘hands-on’)
- Strong application/software development or programming background in Java
- Good experience in system, application architecture, design, development, implementation and deployment (end-to-end).
- Ability to work on different tiers of the application
- Object-oriented Design and MVC-pattern
- Solid experience on J2EE (Servlet, JSP, JDBC, JMS, EJB), Spring Framework, JPA, Hibernate, Open-Source Frameworks
- Solid experience with SOA-Architecture with the related integration protocols (e.g. Web Services (SOAP/XML), REST & JSON, and MQ), as well as the related SOA-security requirements/models.
- Solid application database management practices in a high-volume Java environment (SQL, DB2, and NoSQL – Cassandra/MongoDB).
- Solid JEE/WebSphere Foundation experience, especially on WebSphere Application Server, JBoss, Linux, Virtualisation technologies and Caching technologies.
- Design, build and run of IBM WebSphere Application Server Infrastructure Solutions
- Migration from proprietary Application Servers to WAS
- Performance and troubleshooting of WAS Infrastructure
- Good experience with integrated system environments
- Practical experience in a high-volume banking environment. (E.g., application clustering, scaling, multi-threading, session management, )
- Experience with re-use and standardisation, security considerations, deployment architecture like automated application builds, software configuration management & tools, etc.
- Experience with Application Integration challenges in a big corporate environment with ESB e.g., WebSphere Message Broker, DataPower, MQ-Series, and API-Connect.
- Proven ability as a problem-solver
- Self-driven, self-starter, technology leader, and able to work independently.
- Must have working experience on the following tools/IDEs
- Debugging & troubleshooting.
- Write well documented and maintainable code.
- Passion for software excellence and be quality driven.
- You must be prepared to bring new ideas to the workplace, but also to accept how things have been done and the reasons for doing things this way.