About the Role
The Business Analyst designs or modifies the business or IT systems and interacts with the business stakeholders and subject matter experts to establish the business and systems’ needs. The incumbent also gathers documents and analyses the business and system needs. The Business Analyst interfaces between the business and the IT systems teams to establish the functional requirements. The incumbent will plan and implement and monitor the design and modifications to ensure that it meets the business needs. Works with multiple business areas and teams to provide deep integration solutions. Builds strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
What you will do:
The successful candidate will be required, but not limited to:
- Understand at a detailed level how certain business processes work (Interviewing stakeholders).
- Identify, analyse and document business requirements.
- Analyse source systems and understand how information is stored and related based on the business processes (interviewing source system analysts and architects)
- Based on requirements and source system analysis you will:
- Produce source to target mapping documentation
- Specify/document transformation rules
- Undertake detailed data profiling
- Document data quality issues and work with stakeholders to formulate resolution strategies
- Propose/assist in solutions and create logical data models for BI source implementations
- Create a mock-up dashboard/report specification
- Write dashboard/report specifications once mock-up has been agreed
- Play an active supporting role during the development of the warehouse
- Play an active supporting role during the development of the report/dashboard
- Assist the Quality Assurance team to produce test plans, test cases and test scripts and write test specifications (when necessary) to ensure the quality of the solution
- Assist with testing to ensure the quality of the solution (Unit, functional and data testing)